Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas, Baby!

You would think that I would have planned to make something elaborate seeing as it was Christmas and all, not the case. I was just supposed to chill. I didn't have to worry about dinner because my older cousin was handling that. My aunt took care of the desserts. I was off the hook. That is, until my dad decided that he wanted me to make cheesecake, and it had to be a plain cheesecake with CHERRY topping. It's not one of my favorites, but I did for him. Even though it didn't get made until about 2a.m. on Christmas Eve, it wasn't terrible because it's a super simple recipe. I think any really good, really simple recipe is worth sharing. So, here it is:

3-Step Philadelphia Cheesecake

what you need

2 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 cup  sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
  eggs
1 cup thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping  Keebler Graham Pie Crust (6 oz.) 1 can of cherry pie filling  



If you're pressed for time, use the stove top to soften the cream cheese while the oven is preheating. 


make it


Step 1:    PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs; mix until blended. 



Step 2:    POUR into crust


Step 3:    BAKE 40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool. Refrigerate several hours or overnight. Top with whipped topping and the cherry filling.

Unfortunately the picture of the final product isn't the best quality because I didn't take it myself. My mother did it with her phone so the color is a little weird. 


“Tell me what you eat, I’ll tell you who you are.”
- Anthelme Brillat-Savarin
Bon Appétit!
                                                                                                       











No comments:

Post a Comment